Comprehensive Outpatient Rehabilitation Facility (CORF) Certification Program
In the State of Indiana free standing Outpatient Rehabilitation Agencies are not licensed. Individuals performing therapy (Physical Therapist, Speech Pathologist, Occupational Therapist, etc.) are licensed or certified as appropriate for the types of services they provide. Please see the Indiana Professional Licensing Agency for further information.
To be reimbursed by Medicare in the State of Indiana for Outpatient Therapy Services you must be one of the following:
- Certified as a provider of Outpatient Physical Therapy, Other Rehabilitation Facility, or Outpatient Speech Pathology
- Certified as a Comprehensive Outpatient Rehabilitation Facility (CORF): (See more information below)
- Licensed and certified as an Outpatient Rehabilitation Facility of a Hospital
- Certified as a Skilled Nursing Facility (SNF) and billing under Part B
- Enrolled in Medicare as an Occupational Therapist, Physical Therapist, or Speech-Language Pathologist in private practice.
Contact the Program
Indiana Department of Health
Division of Acute Care
2 North Meridian Street, 4A
Indianapolis, IN 46204
(317) 233-7474 (Acute Care Receptionist)
(317) 233-1325 (IDOH Main Switchboard)
(317) 233-7495 [Secretary]
Report a Complaint or Incident to the IDOH
Report a complaint regarding a health care facility
Individuals can call or email to make complaints about care provided at any licensed or certified Indiana health care providers or suppliers.
Report an incident regarding a health care facility
The Incident Report Form is for health care facilities to notify the Indiana Department of Health of a reportable incident pursuant to the IDOH Reportable Unusual Occurrence Policy. The Incident Report Form is also for health care facility staff (nursing homes, intermediate care facilities, and hospice agencies) to report a reasonable suspicion of a crime against a resident pursuant to Federal regulations. This form is not to be used to file a complaint.