Data, Surveillance, Reporting, and Tools
This page includes links to Asthma fact sheets, infographics, reports, surveillance reports, presentations, and other data products that have been produced by the staff of the Chronic Respiratory Disease Section as well as the Indiana Department of Health's Data Analysis Team. It also includes links to other sources of statewide and national Asthma data statistics that will help you better understand the burden of Asthma on Indiana residents.
For more information on the current efforts on reducing the burden of Asthma in Indiana: 2021 Asthma State Plan
Most Recent Asthma Data Statistics
- Estimated Asthma Prevalence for Indiana in 20201:
- Adult Age-Adjusted Current Asthma Rate - 9.70%
- Adult Age-Adjusted Lifetime Asthma Rate - 14.20%
- Child Age-Adjusted Current Asthma Rate - 6.00%
- Child Age-Adjusted Lifetime Asthma Rate - 8.60%
- Approximately 647,729 Indiana Adults are currently diagnosed with Asthma, that's approximately 1 in 10, or 9.7% of Indiana adults1.
Fact Sheets and Infographics
- 2022 Indiana Asthma Fact Sheet (pdf)
- 2022 Asthma Environmental Triggers in the Home Fact Sheet (pdf)
- 2018 Indiana Asthma Fact Sheet (pdf)
- 2013 Asthma Burden and Management in Indiana's Minority Populations - Minority Health and Asthma Fact Sheet
- 2013 A brief update on Health People 2020 Asthma Objectives in Indiana Adults aged 65 and older. - Healthy People 2020 Indiana Brief: Asthma Update
- 2013 Fact Sheet on Asthma's affect on Women - Asthma and Women Fact Sheet
- 2013 Update on Healthy People 2020 Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease Objectives in Indiana - Healthy People 2020 Indiana Brief: COPD
Reports, Surveillance, and Presentations
- Indiana Public Health District Asthma Profiles, June 2016
- County Emergency Department Visit and Hospitalization Rates, 2015
- Indiana Asthma Burden Report (Coming Soon!)
- Indiana Office of Data Analytics - Stats Explorer
- Provides a quick access to publicly-available health and health-related statistics through a single easy-to-use resource.
- Info By Location
- For information about asthma and more in your county click the link above.
Provides the most current Indiana health-related data at the state and county level. The Indiana State Department of Health and the Indiana Hospital Association have together taken the lead in this endeavor, continuing to reach out and help communities and their hospitals obtain the metrics they need to monitor and evaluate health.
A web-based tool designed to provide access to county health status profiles for use in improving community health.
The University of Wisconsin's Public Health Institute and The Robert Wood Johnson Foundation released a program designed to help communities be healthier by focusing on specific factors that influence health in nearly every county in all 50 states.