Equal Opportunity (EO) Officer Responsibilities & Directory
State-level EO Officer
The Regulations at 29 CFR Part 28.28 indicate that the Governor must designate an individual to serve as the State-level EO Officer. This individual is responsible for State Program-wide coordination of compliance with the equal opportunity and nondiscrimination requirements in the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) and the Regulations.
The Regulations at 29 CFR Part 38 indicate the Governor may delegate WIOA Section 188 responsibilities to a designee. Josh Richardson, Department of Workforce Development (DWD) Interim Commissioner, is the Governor’s designee for all such activity (including development and implementation of the State Nondiscrimination Plan, oversight and monitoring of equal opportunity (EO) and nondiscrimination compliance, and any other related duties of the Governor).
Indiana’s designated state-level EO Officer is Ms. Jennifer Long of DWD’s Regulatory and Oversight and Compliance Division.
Priorities for the State EO Officer include, but are not limited to:
- Developing, updating, and implementing the State’s Nondiscrimination Plan (NDP);
- Communicating directly with federal, state and/or local officials concerning equal opportunity matters;
- Ensuring annual compliance monitoring of WIOA Title I EO and nondiscrimination requirements;
- Undergoing training and providing training and technical assistance to the local EO Officers; and
- Developing procedures for and investigating discrimination matters that reach the state level.
Local-level EO Officers
WIOA Section 188 requires designation of a Local EO Officer in each local workforce development area/region. Local EO Officers are responsible for ensuring EO and nondiscriminatory practices in the administration and operation of programs and services within the regional One-Stop system.
Local EO Officer’s Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Reporting EO and nondiscriminatory practices to the State EO Officer;
- Processing/investigating local discrimination complaints;
- Monitoring compliance of regional WIOA Title I programs;
- Undergoing training and providing training for regional staff and service providers (mandatory participation in conference calls and training sessions conducted by State EO Officer);
- Ensuring physical and programmatic accessibility of WorkOne offices and services;
- Reviewing regional policies to ensure they are non-discriminatory;
- Conducting outreach and education about EO and nondiscrimination requirements and complaint procedures; and
- Ensuring overall implementation of the State Nondiscrimination Plan.
Local EO Officer Directory:
Counties: Lake, Porter, La Porte, Starke, Pulaski, Jasper,
Becky Fry, CWDP
Quality Assurance, Monitoring Director/EO Officer
Center of Workforce Innovations, Inc.
2804 Boilermaker Drive
Valparaiso, IN 46383
Counties: Elkhart, Fulton, Kosciusko, Marshall,
Director of Business Services/EO Officer
Northern Indiana Workforce Board, Inc.
430 Waterfall Drive
Elkhart, IN 46516
Counties: Adams, Allen, DeKalb, Grant, Huntington, LaGrange, Noble, Steuben, Wabash, Wells, Whitley
Northeast Indiana Works
200 E. Main Street, Ste. 910
Ft. Wayne, IN 46802
Counties: Benton, White, Cass, Miami, Carroll, Howard, Warren, Fountain, Tippecanoe, Montgomery, Clinton, Tipton
Director of Operations/EO Officer
Region 4 Workforce Board
976 Mezzanine Drive, Suite C
Lafayette, IN 47905
Counties: Boone, Hamilton, Madison, Hendricks, Hancock, Morgan, Johnson, Shelby
PHR/SHRM-CP, Human Resources Manager/EO Officer
836 S. State Street
PO Box 69
Greenfield, IN 46140
Phone: 317-467-0248, Ext. 303
Counties: Blackford, Delaware, Jay, Randolph, Henry, Wayne, Rush, Union, Fayette
Manager of Administration/EO Officer
Eastern Indiana Works/ASG
4620 W. Bethel Ave.
Muncie, IN 47304
Counties: Vermillion, Parke, Putnam, Vigo, Clay,
Finance and Program Support Manager/EO Officer
Western Indiana Workforce Development Board, Inc.
630 Wabash Ave., Ste. 205
Terre Haute, IN 47807
Phone: 812-238-5616 x 3
Counties: Owen, Greene, Martin, Brown, Lawrence, Monroe Orange, Daviess
WDB Director Executive Director of Workforce Services,
Region 8/EO Officer
333 S Landmark Avenue
Bloomington, IN 47403
Counties: Bartholomew, Ripley, Dearborn, Franklin, Jackson, Jennings, Decatur, Jefferson, Ohio, Switzerland
Project and Administrative Manager/EO Officer
Southeast Indiana Workforce Board
500 Industrial Drive
Lawrenceburg, IN 47025
Counties: Clark, Floyd, Crawford, Scott, Washington,
Region 10 Workforce Board, Inc.
PO Box 6712
New Albany, IN 47150
Counties: Gibson, Pike, Knox, Dubois, Posey, Perry, Vanderburgh, Spencer, Warrick
Administrative Coordinator/EO Officer
Southwest Indiana Workforce Board, Inc.
4600 Washington Avenue, Suite 113
Evansville, IN 47714
Senior Director, Ecosystem Advancement/EO Officer
115 W Washington Street, Suite 450 S
Indianapolis, IN 46204