As the economy changes, competition increases and technology advances, but one thing remains the same. You’re only as good as your team. To be successful in any business, a skilled and flexible workforce is required, but locating and developing that team isn’t always easy. WorkOne’s Job Opportunities and Business Services (JOBS) Program can help.
The JOBS Program utilizes WorkKeys, a nationally renowned system of job profiling and assessments to identify the tasks and skills that are most critical to perform a job.
WorkKeys job profiles bring the specifics of a job into focus. By linking job tasks with WorkKeys assessments, employers can pinpoint benchmarks they can use for hiring. Each applicant will be evaluated using WorkKeys assessments that provide objective and reliable information about each applicant's skill level. Candidates that meet the skills levels identified by the job profile will be referred to you, allowing you to hire employees that are qualified to do the job.
- Easy, one-page application for employers
- Must have a hiring need
- Positions should pay at least $10 an hour
- Job openings posted on Indiana Career Connect online job matching system
- Openings receive WorkOne job matching services
- ACT authorized WorkKeys job profilers work with company experts to define each profile, based on job duties and skills required
- Up to 5 job profiles can be developed per year
- Job profiling establishes content validity for the WorkKeys assessments so you can feel confident using them to make selection, advancement and training decisions
- Assessment times range from 30 to 55 minutes
- Assessment categories include: Applied Math, Graphic Literacy, Workplace Documents, Business Writing, Applied Technology and Workplace Observation
- Skills assessments identify gaps and training needs
- Trainers and trainees can make appropriate decisions about jobs, identify strengths and set training goals
JOBS Program results
- Streamlined recruitment and hiring and reduced hiring and training costs
- Shorter new employee orientation, lower scrap rates
- Increased retention
- Employees skills and abilities are aligned with their jobs, boosting moral and increasing productivity
The JOBS Program supports the nationally recognized ACT WorkKeys National Career Readiness Certificate. Learn more about the NCRC here.
To apply for the JOBS program, complete the application below. When complete, hit the submit button in the bottom right corner. A local WorkOne Business Representative will review your application and contact you.
WIN Career Readiness System
WIN Career Readiness System is free online training available to all Indiana residents and employers. WIN uses real-world situations you could face at work to build relevant job skills. By 2020, 90 percent of all jobs will require an education beyond high school. WIN can give you the boost you need to update your skills and stay competitive in the job market. This training is provided at no cost to you and is online so once you have received your access information email you can utilize all online features of WIN 24 hours a day.
To learn more visit our WIN Career Readiness page.
Equal Opportunity is the Law. Equal Opportunity Employer/Program Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.