Beginning July 18, 2022, INTIME will offer Fuel Tax customers the ability to submit EDI files. More information available below.
Fuel Tax Electronic Filing (FTEF)
Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) allows customers to transmit electronic tax returns from their computer to the Indiana Department of Revenue (DOR).
EDI can accept:
- Gasoline Tax Form MF-360 and related schedules
- Special Fuel Tax Form SF-900 and related schedules
- Transporter Tax Form SF-401 and related schedules
- Terminal Operator Report Form FT-501 and related schedules
List of potential EDI software developers who have contacted DOR.
Changes to EDI Process with INTIME
Beginning July 18, 2022, customers who use the EDI process to file Fuel taxes will transition to INTIME to submit EDI files. What this means for customers:
- Fuel tax customers can use INTIME to file and pay tax obligations.
- All Fuel tax accounts have been added automatically to INTIME and will be viewable on the “Summary” (tab) page.
- Beginning Monday, July 18, 2022, customers can use INTIME to file and pay tax obligations.
- All Fuel tax accounts will be added automatically to INTIME and will be viewable on the “Summary” page (tab) as of July 18, 2022.
The Fuel Tax EDI Implementation Guide describes the program details and provides the instructions required for program development.
INTIME will not require EDI filers to register with DOR as was previously the case, which means:
- Fuel tax customers can upload an EDI file from the “All Actions” (tab) page.
- Any EDI files uploaded on INTIME will be treated as returns.
- Fuel tax customers will no longer be required to submit “test files.” However, “test files” will be accepted via email for new customers or in special circumstances as deemed necessary. Contact DOR via Bulkfiler@dor.in.gov if submitting a “test file.” All other files will be processed as production files via INTIME.
- Following the filing processing, an acknowledgement with the status of a customer's electronic filing will be emailed to the customer.
An INTIME User Guide for Fuel Tax Customers is available to help with the transition to using INTIME. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with additional questions.