Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) requires all entities under its jurisdiction to update their information every two years. You are required to provide this update every two years even if your company has not changed its information, has stopped interstate operations since the last update, or is no longer in business and you did not notify FMCSA. You now have a filing schedule when to update your MCS150 form.
The insurance and safety unit of Motor Carrier Services (MCS) provides guidance and support for drivers and companies. Resources include information on obtaining a USDOT number, how to renew a USDOT number, federal marking requirements, Unified Carrier Registration (UCR), intrastate passenger or household goods authority details, federal operating authority, and insurance filing requirements.
For more information about USDOT and UCR, you may, call 317-615-7200, Monday through Friday 8 a.m.–4:30 p.m. ET, or e-mail MCS at IndianaSafety@dor.in.gov.
General Information: USDOT & UCR
- Unified Carrier Registration (UCR)
- UCR Registration Portal
- UCR Handbook (This publication is provided by DOR as a courtesy. DOR is not responsible for content.)
- Forms and Applications
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Important Notices
- Indiana Intrastate Passenger & Household Goods Authority
- Navigate the Intrastate Operating Authority application
- Intrastate US DOT Number/Indiana ID Number (Intrastate)
- UCR, US DOT Numbers, Indiana ID Number and Indiana Operating Authority Checklist
- US DOT Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (Interstate)
Passenger and Household Goods: New Customer Packet
All incomplete applications for passenger and household goods will be returned. If there are any issues once we receive the complete application, we will return the application for corrections. Once corrections have been made, return the entire completed and corrected application. You must schedule an appointment if you would like to visit our walk-in customer service center to set up your account.
- Commercial Vehicle Enforcement Division
- Contact MCS
- Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA)
- Indiana Intrastate Passenger Authority
- Motor Carrier Insurance Coverage
- National Consumer Complaint Database
- Passenger Carrier Resource Guide (FMCSA)
- Safety and Fitness Electronic Records (SAFER) System
- U.S. Department of Transportation (USDOT)