Language Translation
  Close Menu

Change My Address

Have you recently moved? You will need to update your address with the Indiana Department of Revenue (DOR) to ensure you are getting all important information about individual income taxes. In addition, you will need to update your address with IRS using Form 8822.

How to change your address

Use State Form 56841 to submit a change in Individual contact information from the Indiana Department of Revenue.

Update your mailing address for Automatic Taxpayer Refunds

Go to INTIME at to complete the change of address process. A user guide is available at the bottom of the landing page to guide you through the process (login required).

Through INTIME

Log in to your account in INTIME, navigate to the "All Actions" tab, and click "Manage Names & Addresses." Select the address you want to change, then update.

By Mail

Indiana Department of Revenue
P.O. Box 6197
Indianapolis, IN 46206-6197

By Fax


In person

At one of our district offices or Indianapolis locations. With either type of request you must include the following information:

  • Current address
  • New address
  • First and last name
  • Social Security Number or Taxpayer Identification Number (TID)
  • Signature

If you have a business that needs to change an address, contact person, or phone number, visit our Change Business Account webpage.

 Latest News

Click here to view more events

 Top FAQs