Individual Income Taxes
Having trouble filing your individual income taxes?
Download DOR's handy Services Guide for Individual Taxpayers to find the answers you need!
Wage Statement Requests
In accordance with SEA 565, DOR may provide customers or their legal representatives a statement of income tax withholding upon request, effective July 1, 2019.Find out how to make a request
Assistance for Seniors and Low-Income Customers
If you are a senior or low-income customer looking for assistance in preparing your individual income taxes, there are organizations that can help.
- The AARP Foundation Tax-Aide program focuses on helping low- and moderate-income people, with special attention to those over age 60.
- The IRS Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) and the Tax Counseling for the Elderly (TCE) programs offer free tax help for taxpayers who qualify.
- The Notre Dame Tax Clinic is a federally funded Low Income Taxpayer Clinic (LITC) that represents clients in controversies with the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) and educates individuals about their rights and responsibilities as taxpayers.
- The John Boner Neighborhood Centers is part of Indy Free Tax Prep, Central Indiana’s Network for Free Tax Preparation. As part of the IRS’ Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program, they offer free tax preparation and other services to eligible residents.
- Indy Free Tax Prep is a network of Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) sites provide through the United Way of Central Indiana that offer free tax preparation to individuals and families with a combined household income of $64,000 or less. If taxpayers are looking for services, dial 2-1-1 to find a nearby VITA location and schedule an appointment. If you have questions or want to volunteer, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org.