Attention: Individual tax returns and payments, originally due by April 15, 2021, are now due on or before May 17, 2021.
Individual Income Taxes
Have questions about filing your individual income taxes?
Check out DOR’s 2020 Tax Season FAQs for help
Wage Statement Requests
In accordance with SEA 565, DOR may provide customers or their legal representatives a statement of income tax withholding upon request, effective July 1, 2019.Find out how to make a request
Assistance for Seniors and Low-Income Customers
If you are a senior or low-income customer looking for assistance in preparing your individual income taxes, there are organizations that can help.
- The AARP Foundation Tax-Aide program focuses on helping low- and moderate-income people, with special attention to those over age 60.
- The IRS Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) and the Tax Counseling for the Elderly (TCE) programs offer free tax help for taxpayers who qualify.
- The Notre Dame Tax Clinic is a federally funded Low Income Taxpayer Clinic (LITC) that represents clients in controversies with the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) and educates individuals about their rights and responsibilities as taxpayers.
- The John Boner Neighborhood Centers is part of Indy Free Tax Prep, Central Indiana’s Network for Free Tax Preparation. As part of the IRS’ Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program, they offer free tax preparation and other services to eligible residents.
- Indy Free Tax Prep is a network of Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) sites provide through the United Way of Central Indiana that offer free tax preparation to individuals and families with a combined household income of $64,000 or less. If taxpayers are looking for services, dial 2-1-1 to find a nearby VITA location and schedule an appointment. If you have questions or want to volunteer, you can email email@example.com.
Información en español
DOR ha traducido la siguiente información para beneficio de nuestros clientes de habla español.
- DOR Guia de Servicios Para Contribuyentes Individuales (DOR Services Guide)
- Quien Deberia Presentar una Declaracion de Impuestos (Who Should File a Tax Return)
- Presentar su Declaración de Impuestos con Anticipación (Filing My Taxes Early)
- Ayudar a los Habitantes de Hoosiers a Sentirse Seguros de con quien se Asocian para Preparar y Presentar sus Declaraciones de Impuestos (Help Selecting a Tax Preparer)
- Principales consejos de impuestos (Top Tax Tips)
Puede traducir cualquier página web in.gov a uno de mas de 90 idiomas diferentes con Google Translate. Desplácese hasta la parte inferior de cualquier pagina y haga clic en “seleccionar idioma” junto al icono “G” de Google para seleccionar el idioma que necesita.
If you need assistance in another language, please use the Google Translate feature at the bottom of each webpage.