Language Translation
  Close Menu

Fireworks Public Safety Fee

In addition to sales taxes, businesses that sell fireworks must collect a 5% public safety fee. Fireworks Public Safety Fee (FPS) can now be filed and paid online using INTIME, DOR’s e-services portal via Items detonated or burned to produce a visible or audible effect are considered fireworks. These items may include:

  • Firecrackers
  • Roman candles
  • Missile-type rockets
  • Wire sparklers

If you need additional information on the public safety fee, please call the Indiana Department of Revenue's business information line at 317-615-2544. Monday through Friday 8 a.m.–4:30 p.m. ET.

Barry and Iris Allen opened a small tent in a parking lot to start selling fireworks, which means they must register for the public safety fee and sales tax as a sole proprietor.

Additional Resources

 Latest News

Click here to view more events

 Top FAQs