In preparation for the upcoming tax filing season, the Indiana Department of Revenue (DOR) is providing important updates and information for bulk filing customers regarding new withholding validation rules, changes for SFTP bulk filers coming in Spring 2024, options to submit Form 1042-S, as well as tips and reminders to ensure tax filings are processed accurately and quickly.
Bulk Filing via INTIME or SFTP
Customers submitting large files for certain tax types (listed below) can electronically bulk file these records with DOR in the following ways:
- If a file size is under 10 MB, manually enter or upload via INTIME. When filing securely via INTIME, bulk files do not require a file naming convention or encryption. An INTIME Guide for Business Customers is available. Visit the INTIME Tax Center page for all guides and resources.
- If a file size exceeds 10 MB, upload via SFTP. Registering for SFTP can only take place if a file has been rejected by INTIME for exceeding the 10 MB size restriction. When bulk filing via SFTP, it is required to follow the file naming convention and file(s) must be encrypted. A SFTP Bulk Filing Guide is available.
Bulk file upload is available for the following tax types:
Schemas and file specifications for each tax type are available on their respective information page.
- Cigarette, Other Tobacco Products & E-Cigarette
- EDI - Fuel Tax (INTIME only)
- Gasoline Use
- Motor Vehicle Rental
For more information on which taxes types can be filed using INTIME or SFTP, and file upload options, see the Bulk Filing Methods & Options Chart.
SFTP Bulk Upload: Registration and Information
The SFTP Bulk Upload Guide contains information on SFTP registration and renewal processes, file naming convention, encryption, and other instructions.
SFTP Error Reporting
- Important Updates and Information for Bulk Filers (November 2023) *NEW*
- INTIME Bulk Filing FAQ for Withholding File Errors
- SFTP Bulk Filing FAQ for Withholding File Acknowledgement Errors
- Important Information for Bulk Filers: Requirements & Updates (January 2023)
- Bulk Filing Methods & Options Chart
- Departmental Notices (Information relevant to bulk files)
- Business Tax FAQ
Electronic Services Team
Indiana Department of Revenue
100 North Senate Avenue, IGC N286
Indianapolis, IN 46204-2253