Permit Processing Times:As a result of the increase in manual routings due to road construction, oversize/overweight (OSW) processing times may be longer than expected. Estimated current processing times are available on the permit application system after login. Learn more about reducing the chances of your permit being delayed or rejected.
Electric Cooperatives:Please establish an OSW permit account prior to July 1 in order to shorten your permit processing time. If you have questions regarding your OSW permit, please don't hesitate to contact us.
Coming this Winter:The new Indiana Oversize/Overweight Permitting System will allow carriers to enter more specific destinations, choose among up to four pre-approved routes (where available) and immediately download permits. Follow us on social media @INRevenue for updates.
Notice: Oversize / Overweight Permit and Bridge Fees Update (August 2018)Read the Updated Information
A driver must obtain an oversize and/or overweight vehicle permit before traveling on Indiana roads to ensure the safety of the motoring public if his or her vehicle exceeds:
- 13 feet 6 inches in height
- 8 feet 6 inches in width
- 60 feet (two-vehicle combination) or 53 feet (semi-tractor-semi-trailer combination) in length
- 80,000 pounds gross vehicle weight (subject to axle weights)
The Oversize/Overweight (OSW) unit at Motor Carrier Services (MCS) is here to help make these loads non-divisible and properly marked. OSW provides an online service permitting system that allows drivers to request and receive permits at their convenience.
For more information about OSW, call (317) 615-7320.
General Information – OSW
- Active Permit Services
- Crated Items
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Forms and Applications
- Important Notices
- Sealed Ocean Container Permit
- Special Weight Route Information
- Vehicle General Provisions
- Vehicle Permit Order Information
- Vehicle Permitting Handbook
Maps and Road Conditions
- Current Indiana Road Conditions
- Current Indiana Road Detours and Restrictions
- Current Weather Conditions
- Federal Bridge Calculator
- I-465 and I-469 Direction of Travel
- Indiana Posted Bridge Map
- Indiana State Maps
- Toll Road Map