Electric Cooperatives:Please establish an OSW permit account prior to July 1 in order to shorten your permit processing time. If you have questions regarding your OSW permit, please don't hesitate to contact us.
Coming Fall 2019:The new Indiana Oversize/Overweight Permitting System will allow carriers to enter more specific destinations, choose among up to four pre-approved routes (where available) and immediately download permits without waiting up to 24 hours for a manual review. More information is in the latest Tax Bulletin. Follow us on social media @INRevenue for updates.
Notice: Oversize / Overweight Permit and Bridge Fees Update (August 2018)Read the Updated Information
A driver must obtain an oversize and/or overweight vehicle permit before traveling on Indiana roads to ensure the safety of the motoring public if his or her vehicle exceeds:
- 13 feet 6 inches in height
- 8 feet 6 inches in width
- 60 feet (two-vehicle combination) or 53 feet (semi-tractor-semi-trailer combination) in length
- 80,000 pounds gross vehicle weight (subject to axle weights)
The Oversize/Overweight (OSW) unit at Motor Carrier Services (MCS) is here to help make these loads non-divisible and properly marked. OSW provides an online service permitting system that allows drivers to request and receive permits at their convenience.
For more information about OSW, call (317) 615-7320.
General Information – OSW
- Active Permit Services
- Crated Items
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Forms and Applications
- Important Notices
- Sealed Ocean Container Permit
- Special Weight Route Information
- Vehicle General Provisions
- Vehicle Permit Order Information
- Vehicle Permitting Handbook
Maps and Road Conditions
- Current Indiana Road Conditions
- Current Indiana Road Detours and Restrictions
- Current Weather Conditions
- Federal Bridge Calculator
- I-465 and I-469 Direction of Travel
- Indiana Posted Bridge Map
- Indiana State Maps
- Toll Road Map