The USDA DoD Fresh Program is an optional program and participation is not required. If you decide to participate, you will set aside a portion of your USDA Foods entitlement dollars. Your school corporation can commit as much of your entitlement to the program as you choose. USDA will handle all bills up to the amount of the entitlement you set aside. This is not the same as the Fresh Fruit and Vegetable (FFVP).
- Getting Started with the USDA DoD Fresh Fruit and Vegetable Program
- Fresh Fruits and Vegetables Order Receipt System (FFAVORS)
- Getting Setup and Using FFAVORS to Order Fresh Fruit and Vegetables***
- DoD Fresh Fruit and Vegetable Program Surcharge - this charge, which has been applied since October 2007, will no longer be deducted from the National School Lunch Program entitlement funds in the Fresh Fruits and Vegetables Order/Receipt System (FFAVORS).
- Receipting in FFAVORS - School Food Authorities (SFAs) are required by USDA to receipt orders in FFAVORS within 5 days of delivery. SFAs must be timely in entering this information so the vendors can be paid.
- DLA Troop Support Subsistence
- What local means for DoD Fresh
- Purchases are made from growers within the state of Indiana or a state located within the contract zone.
- Purchases made from a state bordering the state in which the customer is located.
- FFAVORS Access and eAuthentication Process
- The eAuth User ID serves as the login for Web-based Supply Chain Management (WBSCM), Fresh Fruit and Vegetable Order/Receipt System (FFAVORS), and Integrated Food Management System (IFMS). USDA eAuthentication (eAuth) NextGen was implemented for these computer applications.
- The email address associated with the eAuth profile must match the email address in FFAVORS each time the user logs in.
- If the email address in FFAVORS is changed and/or if a new eAuth ID is created with a different email address, access to FFAVORS will be impacted.
- Users with more than one FFAVORS profile can now use the same eAuth ID to access multiple profiles as long as the email address is the same.
- To switch to a different profile without logging out, a new Switch link is available at the upper right corner of screen.
- To view or download the latest version of the manual, click the Help link at the upper right corner of the screen.
- If the eAuth password needs to be reset, users with a unique email address will receive a reset link. Users without a unique email address will need to respond to the security questions they selected when registering.
- For questions, please contact your FFAVORS account representative or email the FFAVORS Help Desk.
- For general help with creating or managing the eAuth ID, an FAQ is available.
- Adding Additional School Sites to FFAVORS
- School must report all school site additions to IDOE, not USDA or DLA.
- Schools must allow, at minimum, one (1) month to complete the site addition process. This does not mean it will take a month to complete; however, this minimum timeframe allows extra coordination with DLA, potential follow-up with SDA, or any other activities needed for the DLA to complete the request.
- Below are deadlines for school site additions. The additions must be sent to IDOE before each of these dates for the new school year:
- April 1
- June 1
- August 1
- October 1
- December 1
- February 1
- USDA DoD Fresh Program Vendor
Creation Gardens, Inc., LLC
- Louisville, KY 40233
- Phone: (502) 272-2111
- Defense Logistics Agency (DLA) Representative and DoD Technical Assistance
- FFAVORS Help Desk: For questions about FFAVORS, the e-Authentication process, or login issues for existing sites and existing users in FFAVORS, please contact the FFAVORS Help Desk at FFAVORS@fns.usda.gov.
- UDSA DoD Fresh Complaints: Document all issues, include photos, and report each occurrence to the vendor, State Agency (IDOE), and the DLA Representative.
- Indiana's DoD Fresh Fruit and Vegetable Program DLA Representative:
- Vera Strilchuk
- Vera Strilchuk
- The role of the DoD Fresh DLA Representative:
- Act as procurement agent
- Manages and ensures compliance with the terms of the DoD vendor contract
- The representative should be included on all DoD communication with the vendor and IDOE regarding product and quality issues.