Transition to Teaching programs are designed to enable those who already hold a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution to more easily transition to education without requiring an additional degree. Options include early childhood, elementary, secondary, and pre-kindergarten through grade 12 (all grades). Candidates enrolled in an Indiana approved program and hired by an Indiana school corporation are eligible to receive a three year, non-renewable T2T permit.
Transition to Teaching Options and Admission Criteria
Transition to Teaching Licensure Programs
Transition to Teaching Permits
In order to be eligible for a Transition to Teaching (T2T) permit, you must be enrolled in an Indiana college/university T2T program and hired by an Indiana School Corporation. Once the applicant has completed the application, LVIS, our licensing portal, will route the application through the portal to the school corporation for approval by the superintendent.
- Official transcripts that bear the sign and/or seal of the registrar, the degree and date conferred. Provide transcripts for ALL completed coursework at ALL institutions attended.
- Valid CPR card from IDOE approved provider. Applicants for initial licensure of any type and applicants for all renewals must show proof of valid CPR/AED/Heimlich certification. To see approved CPR/AED/Heimlich training programs, click here.
- Suicide Prevention Training Certificate. Click here.
- A letter from the Indiana T2T program verifying acceptance into the program on letterhead and signed.
- If applicable, a copy of test score report showing passing score(s) of the content area(s) that applicant also wishes to be added to license.
Step-by-Step Instructions: click here.
If you have completed your T2T program and testing and wish to obtain your professional educator’s license, click link for information and step-by-step instructions.