Consumer Credit Licensing
The Consumer Credit Division of the DFI processes applications using the Nationwide Multistate Licensing System (NMLS) and physical applications that are submitted directly to us. Please refer to the lists below to determine where and how the license application should be obtained and completed.
Applications that must be completed in NMLS
- Consumer Loan License
- Debt Management license
- Exempt Company Registration license
- Money Transmitter license
- Mortgage Lending license
- Mortgage Loan Originator license
Checklists for these applications are available at the NMLS Resource Center.
Applications or Registrations that must be completed and returned to our office (Below are application links currently available on our website)
- Check Cashing license
- Civil Proceeding Advance Payment (CPAP) license
- Hoosier Traditional Mortgage application
- Notice of Intent (for sellers of goods or services on credit, including leases)
- Pawnbroker license
- Pawnbroker branch application
- Rental Purchase registration
- Small Loan license
If you are seeking clarification on whether or not a license or registration is needed for your business activities, please email the request along with a detailed business plan to email@example.com.
Change of Control
Please review the document listed below for information on change of control and how to submit the change of control notification. If you are seeking clarification if a change of control notification is required, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and include details of the change occurring and the name of the licensee.