April is Child Abuse Prevention Month. This occasion provides advocates across the state a chance to raise awareness of community efforts to stop child abuse and neglect.
Watch our Child Abuse Prevention Month "Pass the Pinwheel" video above!
We asked attendees of our kickoff event, "What makes a strong family?" See the results above!
Click here for a guide to Child Abuse Prevention Month 2022 events in communities around the state.
How can you help prevent abuse and neglect?
- If you suspect abuse or neglect, please call the Indiana Child Abuse and Neglect Hotline at 1-800-800-5556.
- Reach out to parents you know and offer a hand or emotional support.
- Volunteer time to programs that help parents.
- Let all of the children in your life know that that they can depend on you.
- Advocate for community services to help families.
- Consider becoming a foster parent! Learn more at IndianaFosterCare.org.
- Spread the word about Child Abuse Prevention Month using our social media toolkit.
Download the Framework and Toolkit for Prevention of Child Abuse and Neglect:
"Supportive Communities, Resilient Families, Thriving Children: Indiana’s Framework for Prevention of Child Abuse and Neglect" provides a road map for the state and local communities to better support, empower, and protect families. It is centered on primary prevention efforts, or services and interventions available to the general population, to prevent child maltreatment before it happens. Download the framework and toolkit here.