Language Translation
  Close Menu

Chemical & Biological Spills

In the event of a chemical/biological spill, the Floyd County Health Department will coordinate with Floyd County EMA and the Fire Department.  Depending on the size of the spill, Floyd County Health Department may also notify IDEM (Indiana Department of Environmental Management).

  • For spills occurring during normal hours of operation - immediately call the Health Department at 812-948-4726, press option 2, option 1.
  • After-hours spill reporting -  immediately contact the Sheriff’s Dept at 812-948-5400 or New Albany City Police at 812-948-5300.

Additional Resources