The Next Level Jobs Workforce Ready Grant pays the tuition and mandatory fees for eligible high-value certificate programs at Ivy Tech Community College, Vincennes University, Indiana Institute of Technology, or other approved providers. The grant is available for two (2) years and covers up to the number of credits required by the qualifying program. The grant does not cover courses that do not directly apply to the student's certificate program, and program-specific fees and equipment are not covered.
The Workforce Ready Grant is a last-dollar grant, so the award amount may be reduced upon applying the Federal Pell Grant to a student's financial aid package. Students should inquire about their eligible amount with their college's financial aid office.
The qualifying high-value certificate programs were selected based on employer demand, wages, job placements and program completion rate. These programs are aligned with Indiana’s highest demand sectors:
- Advanced Manufacturing
- Building & Construction
- Health Sciences
- IT & Business Services
- Transportation & Logistics
Institutions of higher education, employers and business interested in serving as a Next Level Jobs training provider can learn how to apply here.
To qualify for the grant, students must:
- Be an Indiana resident and U.S. citizen or (eligible non-citizen)
- Have a high school diploma (or equivalent) but less than a college degree
- Enroll in a qualifying program at an eligible training provider
- File the FAFSA**
- Enroll full-time (typically four courses) if you are a Dependent Student**
- Enroll at least half-time (typically two courses) if you are an Independent Student**
- Maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress**
- Meet any other minimum criteria established by the Commission
HOW TO APPLY