Through a partnership with the Indiana National Guard, the Commission guarantees 100% of tuition and regularly assessed fees for eligible members of the Indiana Air and Army National Guard. Students can attend either full-time or part-time and receive the National Guard Tuition Supplement Grant (NGSG) but can only be used in the fall and spring semesters.
Indiana National Guard Requirements
- Must be a member of the Indiana National Guard in active drilling status**
- Must not have been AWOL at any time during the 12 months prior to their enrollment in college for any academic term**
- Must have all required ING paperwork submitted and approved to their ING education office prior to the start of classes (each semester). Forms and submission processes differ by ING branch. Students should contact their unit commander for details.
**PLEASE NOTE: Students must contact their unit commander for certification and must be recertified each semester to receive the NGSG.
State Financial Aid Requirements
- Must be a high school graduate or hold a GED (ING might have other restrictions)
- Must file the current year FAFSA with an eligible Indiana institution listed.
- Must be seeking first Associate, Bachelor’s, or Master's degree at a public institution in the State of Indiana (please view the Eligible Indiana Institutions for details)
- Must meet Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) requirements as established by the institution
- Must have filed an application for and, if applicable, used any federal and state financial assistance available to attend a State institution
HOW TO APPLY
Student interested in applying for the Indiana National Guard, or students with questions regarding eligibility and certification, should contact their unit commander.
National Guard Scholarship Extension Program
The National Guard Scholarship Extension Program is a limited scholarship that provides 100% of tuition and regularly assessed to former National Guard members who left the Guard under honorable discharge conditions, used the National Guard Supplement Grant in the past, and who served on active duty overseas since September 10, 2001. Students can attend either full time or part time. Former Guardsmen who believe they may qualify for this program can review the application and rules at ScholarTrack.IN.gov or contact:
Indiana Army National Guard
2002 South Holt Road
Indianapolis, IN 46241
ATTN: Education Services Office