The Adult Student Grant is specifically designed to meet the unique needs of working adults starting or completing an associate degree, bachelor's degree or certificate by providing a $2,000 grant. The grant may be used toward tuition and regularly assessed fees.
- Be an Indiana resident and a U.S. Citizen or eligible non-citizen;
- Be financially independent as determined by the FAFSA and demonstrate financial need*;
- Be enrolled, or plan to enroll, in a course of study leading to an associate or first bachelor's degree, or a certificate at Ivy Tech Community College or Vincennes University;
- Be enrolled in at least six (6) credit hours or their equivalent in any academic term;
- Maintain satisfactory academic progress as defined by your institution;
- Complete at least eighteen (18) credit hours or their equivalent in the previous academic year to renew; and
- Meet any other minimum criteria established by the Commission.
- Submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at FAFSA.gov.
- Submit a complete Adult Student Grant application through ScholarTrack.
- Students will need to create a Student ScholarTrack Account to complete the application.
- Once logged into ScholarTrack, click “Apply for State Aid” to access the application.
- Students may also click the following link to directly access the application. You will be prompted to log into ScholarTrack: https://ScholarTrack.che.in.gov/Portal/#/application/335
- The scholarship is first come, first served and you must have the FAFSA and application complete to reserve your spot.
The 2023-2024 Adult Student Grant award offers will be calculated to align with the table below.