Are you an adult planning your path back to college?
You Can. Go Back. is a statewide campaign that aims to help Hoosier adults with some college but no degree finish what they started, with the help of the Adult Student Grant (apply below!) offered on a first come, first serve basis for qualifying students.
The Adult Student Grant is specifically designed to meet the unique needs of working adults starting or completing an associate's degree, bachelor's degree, or certificates by providing a $2,000 grant. The grant may be used toward tuition and regularly assessed fees.
- Be an Indiana resident and a U.S. Citizen or eligible non-citizen;
- Be financially independent as determined by the FAFSA and demonstrate financial need*;
- Be enrolled, or plan to enroll, in a course of study leading to an associate or first bachelor's degree, or a certificate at Ivy Tech Community College or Vincennes University;
- Be enrolled in at least six (6) credit hours or their equivalent in any academic term;
- Maintain satisfactory academic progress as defined by your institution;
- Complete at least eighteen (18) credit hours or their equivalent in the previous academic year to renew; and
- Meet any other minimum criteria established by the Commission.
- Submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at FAFSA.gov.
- Submit a complete Adult Student Grant application through ScholarTrack.
- Students will need to a create a Student ScholarTrack Account to complete the application.
- Once logged into ScholarTrack, click “Apply for State Aid” to access the application.
- Students may also click the following link to directly access the application. You will be prompted to log into ScholarTrack: https://ScholarTrack.che.in.gov/Portal/#/application/335
- The scholarship is first come, first served and you must have the FAFSA and application complete to reserve your spot.
The 2020-2021 Adult Student Grant award offers will be calculated to align with the table below.