Are you an adult planning your path back to college?
Enacted by the 2015 General Assembly, You Can. Go Back. is a statewide campaign that aims to help the 750,000+ Hoosier adults with some college but no degree finish what they started. With $7.5 million in state grants available for adult students, the Indiana Commission for Higher Education (CHE) is reaching out to Hoosiers directly and connecting them with Indiana colleges that are committed to eliminating barriers for returning adults. Many colleges are offering special programs and incentives—including flexible class schedules and online courses, college credit for work and military experience, grade- and debt-forgiveness programs— as well as scholarships, tuition discounts and $2,000 in State grants (apply for the Adult Student Grant below!) on a first come, first serve basis for qualifying students.
The Commission offers the Adult Student Grant to assist starting or completing an associate's degree, bachelor's degree, or certificates by providing a $2,000 grant. It is specifically designed to meet the unique needs of working adults.
- Be an Indiana resident and a U.S. Citizen or eligible non-citizen;
- Be financially independent as determined by the FAFSA and demonstrate financial need*;
- Be enrolled, or plan to enroll, in a course of study leading to an associate or first bachelor's degree, or a certificate at Ivy Tech Community College or Vincennes University;
- Be enrolled in at least six (6) credit hours or their equivalent in any academic term;
- Maintain satisfactory academic progress as defined by your institution;
- Complete at least eighteen (18) credit hours or their equivalent in the previous academic year to renew; and
- Meet any other minimum criteria established by the Commission.
- Submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at FAFSA.gov.
- Submit a complete Adult Student Grant application through ScholarTrack.
- Students will need to a create a Student ScholarTrack Account to complete the application.
- Once logged into ScholarTrack, click “Apply for State Aid” to access the application.
- Students may also click the following link to directly access the application. You will be prompted to log into ScholarTrack: https://ScholarTrack.che.in.gov/Portal/#/application/317
- The scholarship is first come, first served and you must have the FAFSA and application complete to reserve your spot.
The 2019-2020 Adult Student Grant award offers will be calculated to align with the table below.