Affordable Care Act for Libraries
INSPIRE Health Databases
Biomedical Reference Collection: Basic Edition
Health Business FullTEXT
Health Source: Nursing/Academic Edition
News and Current Healthcare Events for Libraries!
Financial Literacy: Individuals will need financial literacy skills in order to make the best healthcare choice for themselves and their family. Please visit ISL's slideshare page for presentation ideas on financial literacy from ISL and the Indiana Secretary of State.
Healthcare marketplace website: Indiana consumers will be using the federal marketplace to sign up for health insurance. Visit healthcare.gov today!
Order print materials from Centers for Medicare and Medicaid (CMS)! CMS has an online ordering system for print materials. Libraries are welcome to request these print materials from CMS, however, it is important to note that quantities are limited and stock is constantly changing. You will need to create an account to be able to view and order materials. Once you have an account, search on the keyword "marketplace" to see the available publications.
Official publications and forms are available now! Official applications and customizable flyers are now available on CMS Publications website.
Training Resources for Libraries
WebJunction Indiana: The Indiana State Library is a WebJunction partner so all library professionals in the state have access to the webinars WebJunction has facilitated on ACA. The eHealth page on WebJunction has several archived ACA webinars which are free and very helpful resources to start getting prepared for assisting patrons with the health insurance marketplace.
- Patient Protection & Affordable Care Act webinar by Angela Moore, ISL legal intern (1 LEU), View Slides, View Archived Webinar
- Health Literacy (1 LEU), View Slides, View Archived Webinar
- Affordable Care Act: A Checklist for your Library (1 LEU), View Slides, View Archived Webinar
Live Workshops by Request: ISL Regional Coordinators will also be offering several new workshops out in the field by request. Please contact your regional coordinator to request any of the workshops listed here:
- NEW!!! "Navigating" the Healthcare Marketplace (1 LEU), View Slides
- Health Literacy (1 LEU), View Slides
- Affordable Care Act: A Checklist for your Library (1 LEU), View Slides
- Affordable Care Act Overview (1 LEU), View Slides
Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Training (CMS)
- There are many training resources on the CMS website for professionals assisting people with navigating the healthcare marketplace.
Partnerships in Indiana for Libraries
State of Indiana Healthcare Resource website: Visit website
Indiana Dept. of Insurance: Navigator certification program
LocalHelp.healthcare.gov, sponsored by CMS, libraries can enter their geographic location to identify local ACA consumer assistance destinations in their area.
US Department of Health and Human Services: List of centers in Indiana
Federal ACA Navigator Organizations in Indiana
Note: Federal Navigators must be certified in the State of Indiana and should therefore appear in the complete list of certified Navigators.
- Affiliated Service Providers of Indiana, Inc.
- Plus One Enterprises, LTD, LLC
- Health and Hospital Corporations of Marion County
- Connect to Help: Dial 2-1-1
Questions about the Healthcare Marketplace? Contact the Healthcare marketplace by phone, chat or social media.