Help Guides, Training and Tutorials
Materials posted on this page can be freely used for INSPIRE promotional and training activities.
Help Guides and Handouts
If you are a PubMed Medline user, you can link to your own holdings and full-text INSPIRE holdings from PubMed. Registration is free and more information can be found at LinkOut or call Peggy Richwine at the Indiana University School of Medicine at 317-274-2292 or Elaine Skopelja at 317-274-8358.
Lesson plans and templates for the Primary Search, Middle Search, MAS Ultra, and TOPICsearch databases.
Biography In Context
Gale Virtual Reference Library
- Downloading e-books to handheld devices [pdf, 643 KB]
- Navigation Guide [pdf, 441 KB]
- Search Tips [pdf, 468 KB]
- New INSPIRE eBooks [pdf, 468 KB]
Training & Tutorials
- Advanced Searching Inspire by Publication (PDF)
- Advanced Searching in EBSCOhost (3 min)
- Basic searching in EBSCOhost (3 min)
- Biography in Context Navigating the Homepage (1:55)
- Biography in Context Searching (1:32)
- Biography in Context Topics Pages & Documents (2:34)
- Creating Search and Journal Alerts in EBSCOhost (3 min)
- My EBSCOhost (5 min)
- TeachingBooks.net Tutorials (7 total - videos range from 3 minutes to a half hour)
Worldcat Genealogy Tutorial (PDF)
Citing INSPIRE Sources