In 2013, the Indiana Legislature adopted the POST, the Physician’s Orders for Scope of Treatment. The following links will provide you with the curriculum and information on what POST is and what you need to know as an EMS responder regarding POST. All certified EMS responders in Indiana must successfully complete the Indiana EMS POST Exam beginning on January 1, 2014. EMS Educators and Personnel may find the following information helpful in exploring POST and other Indiana Advance Directives.
Online POST Course and Exam
- Below, you can find additional materials that will aid in your study and education of POST and Indiana Advance Directives. Once you achieve a passing score (80% or higher), your Acadis record will reflect successful completion of the POST course. You should place this education on your continuing education (CE) report for your next recertification cycle.
- All responders must successfully complete the above exam in order to be recertified beginning on January 1, 2014. If you do not have this education indicated on your CE report and indicated on your Acadis record, you will not be renewed.
- This course will only need to be completed once by responders unless otherwise directed by an individual’s provider organization.
- All EMR and EMT courses beginning or being completed after January 1, 2014 will be required to incorporate the POST curriculum into their training. This can either be done in class or through student self-study. The Acadis exam will need to be completed as verification of competency.
To complete the Acadis training and/or testing:
- Log into your account at: Acadisportal.IN.gov.
- You will see your profile and your transcript listing courses in process and completed courses; next click on the "Registration" button on the top left corner.
- Click on the icon "browse training events."
- A listing of all available online training courses is displayed; look for "Online LMS Training - POST Indiana - Physician Orders for Scope of Treatment" and click on "Assign"
- You are now registered for the training and can launch the training (at the same time the course in now also listed in your profile under "Training").
POST/Advance Directive Educational Materials
Want to learn more?