You need a watercraft dealer license if you sell, offer to sell, or advertise for sale at least six (6) watercraft or trailers* within a 12 month period.
*trailers must be designed and used exclusively for the transportation of watercraft and sold in general association with the sale of watercraft
- Background Check*
- Business Entity Documentation (INBiz)
- Certificate of Insurance
- Indiana Vehicle Merchandising Certificate/Bond (SF 53966)
- License Fee
- Photo Identification
- Photos of the Location
- Retail Merchant Certificate (Indiana Dept. of Revenue)
- Zoning Affidavit (SF 55936)**
*Background check results more than 60 days old at the time the application is submitted will not be accepted.
**Zoning Affidavits signed by a zoning official more than 90 days prior to the date the application is submitted will not be accepted.
Exemptions are available for some requirements. Questions should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Cannot be a residence or temporary location
- No other dealer is operating there
- Can accept mail*
- Must be :
- in Indiana
- accessible by the public
- Physical location:
- Conspicuous, permanent sign in the same name that is on your license
- Sign must also include hours of operation
- Customer parking
- Display space for at least 10 watercraft
- Not in a retail complex (e.g. strip mall)
*an exception is available if your location is not serviced by USPS