You need a distributor license if you are engaged in the business of selling motor vehicles to dealers located in Indiana. This includes a distributor's branch office.
You need a distributor representative certificate if you are an agent that can act on behalf of a distributor licensed in Indiana.
- Background Check*
- Business Entity Documentation (INBiz)
- Certificate of Insurance
- Indiana Vehicle Merchandising Certificate/Bond (SF 53966)
- License Fee
- Photo Identification
- Photos of the Location
- Retail Merchant Certificate (Indiana Dept. of Revenue)
- Zoning Affidavit (SF 55936)**
*Background check results more than 60 days old at the time the application is submitted will not be accepted.
**Zoning Affidavits signed by a zoning official more than 90 days prior to the date the application is submitted will not be accepted.
- Cannot be a residence or temporary location
- Appropriately zoned
- Able to accept mail delivery*
*an exception is available if your location is not serviced by USPS
Dealer Account Helpline: 317-576-2568