Info Agency Main Banner Content
You need a dealer license if you sell, offer to sell, or advertise for sale at least twelve (12) vehicles in a 12 month period. This includes off-road vehicles, snowmobiles, and mini-trucks.
You need an automotive mobility endorsement on your license if you do any of the following:
- engage in the business of selling, offering to sell, or soliciting/ advertising the sale of adapted vehicles or watercraft
- possess adapted vehicles or watercraft exclusively for the purpose of resale
- engages in the business of:
- selling, installing, or servicing;
- offering to sell, install, or service; or
- soliciting or advertising the sale, installation, or servicing of;
- equipment or modifications specifically designed to facilitate use or operation of a vehicle or watercraft by an individual who is disabled.
Please be sure to fill the application out completely and submit all required documents with the application. Failure to include required information or documents can delay the processing of your application. The license application must be completed by a dealer owner or dealer manager.
Online application available at dealers.sos.in.gov
The following must be submitted with the completed application.
- Zoning Affidavit (SF 55936)
- Indiana Vehicle Merchandising Certificate/Bond (SF 53966)
- Certificate of Insurance
- Photos of the Established Place of Business
- Business Entity Documentation
- Retail Merchant Certificate
- Photo Identification
- Background Check
- License Fee
- National Mobility Equipment Dealers Association Accreditation (mobility only)
Dealer Account Helpline: 317-576-2568