Planning Grants are funded with Federal Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) dollars from the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD). The goal of the program is to encourage communities to plan for long-term community development. Community leaders can apply for projects relating to such issues as infrastructure, downtown revitalization, and community facilities. To be competitive, projects must demonstrate:
- They meet a goal of the Federal Act;
- The particular planning initiative addresses established long-term community priorities;
- The funds granted will have a significant impact on the overall project;
- The community has a strong commitment to the project; and
- The project is ready to proceed upon the grant being awarded and will be completed within 12 months.
- If you have any questions on the Planning Grant program then please contact your Community Liaison.
Click here for the Community Liaison district map and their contact information.
Click on the link to access the Planning Grant application: Planning Grant Application Packet