Consolidated and Action Plans
The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) requires states and local communities to prepare a Consolidated Plan in order to receive federal housing and community development funding. The Consolidated Plan combines into a single document the planning and application requirements for Community Development Block Grant (CDBG), HOME Investment Partnerships Program (HOME), Emergency Shelter Grant (ESG), and Housing Opportunities for People with AIDS (HOPWA) funding.
The purpose of the Consolidated Plan is:
- To identify the state's housing and community development needs, priorities, goals, and strategies.
- To stipulate how funds will be allocated to housing and community development organizations and local governments.
Current Consolidated Plan
2015 - 2019 IN Consolidated Plan - includes Sections I, II and III
State of Indiana Consolidated Annual Performance and Evaluation Report - Program Year 2017
State of Indiana Action Plan
The Action Plan defines the funding sources for the State of Indiana’s five (5) major HUD-funded programs and provides communities a framework for defining comprehensive development planning. The will set forth the method of distribution of funding for the following HUD-funded programs:
- State Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Program
- Home Investment Partnership Program (HOME)
- Emergency Solutions Grant (ESG) Program
- Housing Opportunities for Persons with AIDS (HOPWA) Program
- National Housing Trust Fund (NHTF)
2018 State of Indiana Action Plan - click here
A public hearing will be held to discuss the draft 2018 Action Plan on March 15, 2018 between 1 p.m. and 3 p.m. (EST). Hearings will be hosted by Purdue Extension at these locations:
- Purdue Extension Office, Allen County, 4001 Crescent Avenue, Fort Wayne, IN, 260-481-6826
- Purdue Extension Office, Lake County, 2293 North Main Street, Crown Point, IN, 219-755-3240
- Purdue Extension Office, Marion County, 1202 East 38th Street, Indianapolis, IN, 317-275-9305
- Purdue Extension Office, Spencer County, 1101 East County Road 800 North, Chrisney, IN, 812-362-8066
- Purdue Extension Office, Tippecanoe County, 3150 Sagamore Parkway South, Lafayette, IN, 765-474-0793
- Vigo County Public Library, One Library Square, Terre Haute, IN 812-232-1113 (Note: not at the Extension office but the public library)
For ease of reading, please open bookmarks in PDF and click on Modification #1 Documents.
To use BrowseAloud Feature:
1.Open PDF file
2. Click on "View" at the top,
3. Go down (at the the bottom) to "Read Out Loud" and then to "Activate" and then to either of the "Read" choices.
Previous Consolidated and Action Plans
2016 Annual Action Plan (Full plan) - Final - includes Sections I, II and III
CDBG-R Substantial Amendment
Spreadsheet related to CDBG-R Substantial Amendment
2008 Analysis of Impediments to Fair Housing
If you have any questions on the Consolidated Plan or the process, please contact Corrie Scott at 317.233.3762 or via email at email@example.com.