The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) requires states and local communities to prepare a Consolidated Plan in order to receive federal housing and community development funding. The Consolidated Plan combines into a single document the planning and application requirements for Community Development Block Grant (CDBG), HOME Investment Partnerships Program (HOME), Emergency Shelter Grant (ESG), and Housing Opportunities for People with AIDS (HOPWA) funding.
The purpose of the Consolidated Plan is:
- To identify the state's housing and community development needs, priorities, goals, and strategies.
- To stipulate how funds will be allocated to housing and community development organizations and local governments.
State of Indiana 2017 Action Plan - FY 2017 Action Plan
The Action Plan defines the funding sources for the State of Indiana’s five (5) major HUD-funded programs and provides communities a framework for defining comprehensive development planning. The FY 2017 Action Plan will set forth the method of distribution of funding for the following HUD-funded programs:
- State Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Program
- Home Investment Partnership Program (HOME)
- Emergency Solutions Grant (ESG) Program
- Housing Opportunities for Persons with AIDS (HOPWA) Program
- National Housing Trust Fund (NHTF)
Current Consolidated Plan
2015 - 2019 IN Consolidated Plan - includes Sections I, II and III
For ease of reading, please open bookmarks in PDF and click on Modification #1 Documents.
To use BrowseAloud Feature:
1.Open PDF file
2. Click on "View" at the top,
3. Go down (at the the bottom) to "Read Out Loud" and then to "Activate" and then to either of the "Read" choices.
Previous Consolidated and Action Plans
2016 Annual Action Plan (Full plan) - Final - includes Sections I, II and III
CDBG-R Substantial Amendment
Spreadsheet related to CDBG-R Substantial Amendment
2008 Analysis of Impediments to Fair Housing
If you have any questions on the Consolidated Plan or the process, please contact Corrie Scott at 317.233.3762 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.