The intent of the Vermillion County Health Department is to prevent, promote, and protect the health, safety, and vital records for the people of Vermillion County by providing various health and wellness screening services, educational programs, enforcing public health laws, and collecting and accurately recording all vital events occurring in Vermillion County.
To improve the health and quality of life of the residents living in Vermillion County by providing essential public health services. The Vermillion County Health Department strives to:
- Monitor the health status of Vermillion County to identify community health problems.
- Diagnose and investigate health problems and health hazards in the community.
- Inform, educate, and empower people about health issues.
- Mobilize community partnerships to identify and solve health problems.
- Develop policies and plans to support individual and community health efforts.
- Enforce laws and regulations that protect health and ensure safety.
- Link people to needed personal health services and assure the provision of health care when otherwise unavailable.
- Assure competent public health and personal health care workforce.
- Evaluate effectiveness, accessibility, and quality of personal and population-based health services.
Research for new insights and innovative solutions to health problems.