Language Translation
  Close Menu

Food and Consumer Safety

Contact Information

Tina Lough

Telephone: 260-636-2191 ex. 3
Mobile: 260-564-5841
Fax: 260-636-2192

Sara Weeks

Telephone: 260-636-2191
Mobile: 260-564-5336
Fax: 260-636-2192


Office Hours

8:00 AM – 4:00 PM (open during lunch)

About Us

The Food and Consumer Safety Division is responsible for licensing and inspecting Noble County’s retail food establishments and temporary food establishments in conjunction with special events and festivals, conducting food-borne illness investigations, and responding to food-related consumer complaints.

This division is also responsible for inspection of Tattoo/Body Piercing establishments and investigation of reportable animal bites.


Food Service License $100.00 Per Year
Temporary Food Service$25.00 first day. Each additional day is $10.00 per event 
Tattoo/Body Piercing Facility$1,000.00Per Year
Tattoo Artists$100.00Per Year
Guest Tattoo Artists (every 30 days)$50.00Per Year

Click here for water testing fees.

HML (Hoosier Microbiology Laboratory)

HML has implemented new sampling procedures which require the use of different sample containers.

Water samples must be both COLLECTED AND DELIVERED to the health department on Tuesday at noon.

Sterile bottles with the blue sterile seal are used to test for:

  • Total coliform count (drinking water)
  • Pools
  • E. coli (wastewater, groundwater)

Non-sterile inorganic bottles with the orange sticker are used to test for:

  • Nitrite
  • Nitrate
  • Fluoride
  • Cyanide
  • Sulfate

Non-sterile metal bottles with the red sticker are used to test for:

  • Arsenic
  • Lead
  • Copper
  • Iron
  • Manganese
  • Sodium

Click here for information about water testing costs.