Summit on the Unserved
From the Summiton 8/9/2012
- Summit on the Unserved Part 2 Presentation
- "The Economic Impact of Libraries in Indiana." Indiana business Research Center. Nov. 2007.
- Eighty-nine percent of Indiana community and business leaders agree that public libraries “significantly improve the local quality of life.”[agree 30% + strongly agree 59%] (p.40, table 20)
- Seventy-two percent of Indiana community and business leaders agree that public libraries “significantly contribute to local economic prosperity” [agree 34% + strongly agree 38%]
- Sixty-eight percent agree that public libraries “increase local residential property values” [48% agree + 20% strongly agree]
From the Summit on 7/11/12
- Summit on the Unserved Presentation
- Expansions Mergers Transfers Check emails
- Discussion Question 1: What features would you like to see in legislation to bring full service throughout Indiana?
- Discussion Questions 2 & 3: What would you like to see to help you market this issue to your communities? What additional ways can you suggest to accomplish our goal of universal service?
- 1928 U.S. Department of Agriculture Farmers' Bulletin
- 1993 Indiana Legislative Study
- 1994 Library Study Committee
- 2007 Unserved Taskforce Recommendation
- 2007 Economic Impact of Libraries
- 2008 Coalition Recommendation
- 2010 The Economic Value of The Free Library In Philadelphia
LDO JC 10-26-2021