Best Books of Indiana 2008
The 2008 Best Books of Indiana are as follows:
Winner - Best Book of Indiana - Fiction
Breathing Out the Ghost by Kirk Curnutt (Montgomery, Ala.). River City Publishing, Montgomery, Ala.
- Racing Can be Murder by Tony Perona (Plainfield) and Brenda Robertson Stewart (Mooresville). Blue River Press, Indianapolis.
Winner - Best Book of Indiana - Nonfiction
Sailing the Inland Sea by Susan Neville (Indianapolis). Quarry Books, Bloomington, Ind.
- Slinging Donuts for the Boys by James Madison (Bloomington). Indiana University Press, Bloomington.
- The Farmers Market Book by Jennifer Robinson (Solsberry). Indiana University Press, Bloomington.
Winner - Best Book of Indiana - Children's Literature
When I Crossed No-Bob by Margaret McMullan (Evansville). Houghton Mifflin, Boston, Mass.
- Fighting for Equality: A Life of May Wright Sewall by Ray Boomhower (Indianapolis). Indiana Historical Society Press, Indianapolis.
- A Belief in Providence: A Life of Saint Theodora Guérin by Julie Young (Indianapolis). Indiana Historical Society Press, Indianapolis.
IN SW 5-15-2018