The availability of online library information and resources are quickly becoming essential public library services. The Indiana State Library offers Connect IN to provide free high-quality and functional websites to public libraries. The program is free for public libraries without a current online presence and those having difficulty maintaining their existing site. The program includes many features that will make maintaining a website simple and painless, and the State Library will provide an initial template, training, and assistance.
Public library standards require that public libraries have a functional website. Connect IN is a simple and cost-effective solution to not only meet this standard, but put you ahead of the curve by connecting your community to innovative and practical online library services.
Program participants receive these free services from the State Library:
- Modern and High-quality Website Featuring:
- An easy-to-use content management system (CMS) based on WordPress that allows you to manage and update your website AND easily create new web pages and online features.
- Web editing software as simple as using a word processor.
- Seamless and instant publishing to the Web allows you to make instantaneous changes to your website.
- Dozens of customizable templates to help you get the exact design that reflects your library and community.
- For libraries interested in joining can review the Connect IN Checklist to gain a better understanding of the process of joining
- Technical support and training
- Hands-on content management system (CMS) training:
- Free website hosting – The State Library is contracting with IT experts to handle the complicated back end tasks and save you time and money.
- Free email for library staff
- Get up to 20 email accounts for your library (i.e. firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Email storage capacity that meets industry standards
- Microsoft Outlook compatible
- Manage account settings as an administrator.
If you are interested in joining Connect IN or would like more information about the program, please contact the Professional Development Office.
PDO AP 3-23-2016