Research Policy & Planning Division
The Research, Policy, and Planning Division was established to inform the Commission regarding the ramifications of the dynamic interrelationships of the electric and natural gas industries. The division provides advice and education on a wide variety of topics to the Commission. The Division’s work includes, but is not limited to, integrated resource planning, federal and regional oversight, evaluating changes in federal and state legislation, studying the evolution in regulation, and reviewing the economics of the energy industry and the implications for Indiana.
Below you will find information about utilities’ integrated resource plans, Commission reports, conference and forums hosted by the Division, and state and national resources regarding the electricity and national gas industries.
To contact the Research, Policy, and Planning Division, please call 317-232-2736.
Integrated Resource Plans
Utilities must engage in integrated resource planning, in which they plan on both a short-term and long-term basis by evaluating available resource alternatives to meet a utility’s future electricity requirements. Electric utilities are required to submit integrated resource plans to the commission. Find these IRPs, as well as Director reports and all submitted comments here.
- Net Metering Reports: 2020 Q3 | 2020 Q2 | 2020 Q1 | 2019 Year End | 2019 Q3 | 2019 Q2 | 2018 | 2018 Interim | 2017 | 2016 | 2015 | 2014 | 2013 | 2012 | 2011 | 2010 | 2009
- Investor-Owned Utility Reliability Data: Report
- State Electric Price Comparison: 1990-2019
- 2018 Statewide Analysis
- 2019 Reliability Report
Conferences & Forums
- IRP Contemporary Issues Technical Conferences
- 2017 Net Metering Technical Conference | Net Metering Resource Page
- 2019 Informational Collaborative Meeting Re: Net Metering Availability and Reserved Capacity
- Summer Capacity Forum Presentations
- Winter Preparedness Forum
- DSM and Energy Efficiency Recommendations: Background & Comments
- All Seams Considered Focus Group: Notes
State & National Resources
- State Utility Forecasting Group (SUFG) Indiana Electricity Projections: 2017 | 2015 | 2013 | 2011
- EIA’s Electricity Statistics: State Profile for Indiana
- Weekly Natural Gas Production, Consumption, and Price Data: EIA's Natural Gas Weekly Update
- EIA's Weekly Natural Gas Storage Report
- Hydraulic Fracturing: U.S. EPA's Study Plan
- EIA Electric Power Monthly
- EIA Residential Energy Consumption Survey
- EIA Detailed State Data
- Indiana Map
- EIA US Electric System Operating Data
For additional resources about the electric and natural gas industries, please click here.