Phase I (2017-2018)
LEAD SAMPLING PROGRAM
The Indiana Finance Authority "IFA", with assistance from the Indiana Department of Environmental Management (“IDEM”), developed the 2017-2018 Lead Sampling Program for Public Schools to help schools assess if there was a presence of lead in drinking water within their facilities.
The 2017-2018 sampling at participating schools has concluded. Through this program, IFA sampled over 915 school buildings state wide, representing 60% of Indiana's public school students. Please read our Lead Sampling Program Final Report for more details.
CONTINUED ACCESS TO LEAD SAMPLING RESULTS
To help schools continue to keep track of sample results, manage remedial actions, and plan for future sampling, IFA has renewed each school/district's subscription to the online data management platform. Participating schools may access their data at https://schools.120wateraudit.com/login. For help logging in, please email email@example.com.
Enrolled schools were provided the following resources throughout the program to provide guidance on designing a sampling plan, collecting samples, communicating with the public, and remediating problem fixtures.
- IFA Lead Sampling Program Fact Sheet
- IFA Pipe Identification Guidance
- IFA February 23, 2017 Letter to Indiana Public School Superintendents
- IFA May 31, 2017 Letter to Enrolled Schools
- IFA July 2018 Closing Letter to Schools
- IDEM Drinking Water and Lead
- Follow-up Steps for Schools with Lead and/or Copper Sampling Results above the Action Level
- IDEM’s Lead Sampling Video
- IDEM Database of Water Sampling Results for Public Water Systems
IFA LEAD SAMPLING PROGRAM IN THE NEWS
- 8/23/18 Evansville Vanderburgh School Corporation tests lead levels in water
- 12/14/17 Knightstown - Schools' water supply test results
- 4/28/18 NW Indiana Schools Praise Program
Director, Water Resources and Infrastructure Planning Program
Program Mailing Address:
100 North Senate Avenue, Rm. 1275
Indianapolis, IN 46204