Indiana Brownfields Program
Welcome to the Indiana Brownfields Program. Our mission is to encourage and assist investment in the redevelopment of brownfield properties by helping communities via educational, financial, technical and legal assistance to identify and mitigate environmental barriers that impede local economic growth. To receive updates regarding our Program, subscribe to our listserv through the “Sign Up” widget at the bottom of this page.
Items of Interest
The 2019 National Brownfields Training Conference will be held on December 11-13 in Los Angeles, California. Offered every two years, this conference is the largest gathering of stakeholders focused on cleaning up and reusing formerly utilized commercial and industrial properties. U.S. EPA cosponsors this event with the International City/County Management Association (ICMA). For more information, check out the 2019 National Brownfields Training Conference web site at: https://brownfields2019.org/
Site Solicitation for Financial Assistance
- Read here for Downtown Indianapolis Parking & Security Changes
- Map to Indiana Brownfields Program office
- City of Fort Wayne- U.S. EPA Revolving Loan Fund (RLF) Subgrant funding from the Indiana Brownfields Program for Cleanup at OmniSource, 1610 North Calhoun Street, Fort Wayne, Allen County
Comments/questions regarding this notice and the documents linked below should be provided to Michele Oertel of the Indiana Brownfields Program at (317) 234-0235, moertel@ifa.IN.gov, by July 30, 2019.
- Analysis of Brownfield Cleanup Alternatives (ABCA)
- Remediation Work Plan (RWP)
- SHPO letters:
- May 10, 2018: Indiana Brownfields Program Letter requesting Indiana SHPO review with limited materials regarding Site.
- June 8, 2018: Indiana SHPO Letter noting that additional information needed (Remediation Work Plan) to complete its review. Also provides several technical questions regarding the Site that must be addressed.
- July 31, 2018: Indiana Brownfields Program Letter with answers to the questions raised by the Indiana SHPO.
- August 31, 2018: Indiana SHPO Letter responding the information provided and notes the RWP still needs to be provided.
- May 29, 2019: Indiana SHPO Letter acknowledging the receipt of the RWP (which was hand-delivered). The SHPO provides its finding/concludes that no historic buildings, structures, or districts or objects listed in or eligible for the National Register of Historic Places are identified on or near the Site to be affected by the remedial activities described in the RWP.
- May 30, 2019: U.S. EPA Letter which provides its finding/concurs with the SHPO finding of no historic properties adversely affected.
- June 28, 2019: Letter of concurrence from SHPO.
- CL - SSL Supplemental Information and Checklists
- Apply for a Revolving Loan Fund (RLF) Incentive Loan
- CL-SSL Request Form
- Application for Phase I Environmental Site Assessment Assistance
- Request a Brownfield Determination Letter
- Request a Certification for Waiver/Reduction of Taxes
- Request a Petroleum Determination Letter
- More IN.gov Online Services
- IN.gov Subscriber Center