Resident Business Entity Licensing Guidelines
Indiana Code IC 27-1-15.6-6 requires a business entity, before acting as an insurance producer, to obtain an insurance producer license. Indiana issues business entity producer licenses to corporations, partnerships (general and limited), and limited liability companies. Indiana does not issue licenses to sole proprietors unless they have a tax identification number other than the social security number. The lines of authority may include Life; Accident and Health; Life, Accident and Health; Property and Casualty; Personal Lines; Travel Insurance; Self-Storage Insurance; Credit; Portable Electronics; Surplus Lines; Title; or Variable Life & Annuity.
The following requirements must be met to obtain a resident business entity (agency) producer license:
- Articles of Incorporation certified from the jurisdiction in which the entity was formed.
- Business entity is registered with the Indiana Secretary of State
- Designate an individual licensed producer who will be responsible for the business entity's compliance with the insurance laws and administrative rules of Indiana. Designated Responsible Licensed Producer(s) (DRLP) must hold the same line(s) of authority the business entity is seeking.
- Complete the license application online through www.sircon.com or www.NIPR.com.
- Pay the application fee of $40.00 plus online processing fee
*ALL LICENSE APPLICATION FEES ARE NONREFUNDABLE AND NONTRANSFERABLE.*
- Rate Watch
- File a Patient's Compensation Fund Certificate of Insurance
- File a consumer complaint
- File a provider complaint
- Compare Medigap insurance policies
- Apply to be a bail agent
- Title Insurance Rate Comparison Tool
- Residential Real Estate Acquisition of Licensee Information and Numbers "RREAL IN" Database
- More IN.gov Online Services
- IN.gov Subscriber Center