The Indiana Department of Environmental Management’s Office of Land Quality administers Indiana’s Confined Feeding Program, which is governed by these Indiana laws and rules:
- Confined Feeding Control Law - Indiana Code (IC) 13-18-10
- Confined Feeding Operation Rule - 327 Indiana Administrative Code 19 [PDF]
- Concentrated Animal Feeding Operation Rule - 327 Indiana Administrative Code 15-16 [PDF]
- Satellite Manure Storage Structures - IC 13-18-10.5
- Satellite Manure Storage Structures - 327 Indiana Administrative Code 20 [PDF]
A number of other state environmental regulations apply to confined feeding operation activities. A complete list can be found in the Guidance Manual for Indiana’s Confined Feeding Program [PDF].
The guidance on this website and in the guidance manual does not replace the laws or rules. IDEM recommends that you use the laws and rules as your primary reference and the website and guidance manual to help you to apply them. Please note that the website and guidance manual do not supersede any other applicable federal, state, or local laws or regulations.