Filing a Complaint
The Indiana Charter School Board (“ICSB”) has developed its Charter School Grievance Policy to ensure that a formal procedure exists within each school to address the potential concerns of parents, students, and other community members, while honoring the autonomy afforded charter schools by the charter law.
In the event of a conflict between the staff, administrators, or board members of an ICSB school and a parent, staff, or community member (current or former), the grievant must first exhaust all available remedies under a school's Grievance Policy.
For questions and concerns about schools not authorized by the ICSB, please visit the links of other Indiana authorizers below to determine where the complaint should be directed:
- Indianapolis Charter School Board - Mayor of Indianapolis Office of Education Innovation
- Ball State University Office of Charter Schools
- Evansville-Vanderburgh Community Schools
- Lafayette School Corporation
- Daleville Community Schools
- Grace College
- Education One, LLC - Trine University
- Calumet College of St. Joseph
For any other question or concerns about a school authorized in Indiana, please visit the IDOE's website to obtain further information: http://www.doe.in.gov/titlei/charter-school-program.