Database Registration of Indiana’s Vital Events (DRIVE)
DRIVE is live!
The Indiana Department of Health is excited to announce that phase II of the DRIVE (Database for Registering Indiana’s Vital Events) vital records system implementation went live on Monday, June 6th. The update to our vital records system, DRIVE now includes the fetal death and terminated pregnancy (ITOP) modules.
To access the birth and death registration system you will need to register for an Access Indiana account at https://www.in.gov/access/. Once you have a registered Access Indiana account, you can register your DRIVE account. To register, click on the DRIVE icon/tile posted within Access Indiana to submit an e-request to link your active Genesis/DRIVE user profile to your Access Indiana account. This is a two-step process.
If you have not already done so, register now to access DRIVE.
DRIVE Frequently Asked Questions (updated January 27, 2021)
***Medical certifier training is only for death certifiers. If you are a birth certifier, please register for a birth facilities training session.
DRIVE Training and Online Demonstrations
Fetal Death Training
- DRIVE Fetal Death Training for Funeral Directors Recorded Training
- DRIVE Fetal Death Training for Medical Certifier & Coroner Part I Recorded Training
- DRIVE Fetal Death Training for Medical Certifier & Coroner Part 2 Recorded Training
- DRIVE Fetal Death Training for LHDS Recorded Training
- DRIVE Training for Terminated Pregnancies Certifiers/Staff/Facilities Recorded Training
- DRIVE Birthing Facilities Recorded Training
- DRIVE Birth - Midwives Recorded Training
- DRIVE Local Health Department Recorded Training
- DRIVE Funeral Home Providers Recorded Training
- DRIVE Document Reviewer Recorded Training
- DRIVE Medical Certifier Recorded Training
- DRIVE Coroner Recorded Training
DRIVE User Guides (General)
- DRIVE User Guide Medical Certifiers
- DRIVE User Guide Birthing Facilities
- DRIVE User Guide Funeral Homes
- DRIVE User Guide LHD
DRIVE Amendment Resources
- Amendment Guide for Funeral Homes and Directors
- Amendment Guide for Coroners and Medical Certifiers
- Amendment Guide for Local Health Departments
DRIVE Quick Guides
- DRIVE Quick Guide Birthing Facilities and Certifiers
- DRIVE Quick Guide Coroners
- DRIVE Quick Guide Funeral Homes
- DRIVE Quick Guide LHD
- DRIVE Quick Guide Medical Certifiers
- DRIVE Start/Edit New Case vs. Locate Case Guide (added January 26, 2021). Use Start/Edit Case to gain access to a record for the first time.
- DRIVE Medical Certifier Troubleshooting Guide
Resources and Forms
- Coroner Cremation Waiver
- LHD Cremation Waiver
- How to Register for an Access Indiana Account and Login to DRIVE (updated March 8, 2021)
- Indiana Birth Worksheet (2020 Revision) Indiana Birth Worksheet (2020 Revision in Spanish)
For support, please submit a VR Helpdesk Ticket at https://eportal.isdh.in.gov/VRHelpdesk/ OR contact the VR Helpdesk at 317-233-7989.