ATTENTION NOTICE - PROCESSING TIME FOR VITAL RECORDS ORDERS HAVE CHANGED TO 6-8 WEEKS, DUE TO THE IMPACT OF COVID-19.
Vital RecordsThe Indiana Department of Health Division of Vital Records is responsible for maintaining and issuing certified copies of vital records, including birth, death, and fetal death certificates for events that occurred in Indiana. The office of Vital Records officially began recording births in 1907, and death recordings began in 1900.
Services We Provide
- Certified copies of birth and death certificates
- Process record corrections and amendments
- Process Adoption Decrees
- Certified copies of marriage records
- Process Acknowledgement of Paternity requests
- Process Disinter/Reinter requests