Provide Access to Farmers Markets
Why Are Farmers Markets Important? (From Farmers Market Coalition)
- Increase access to fresh nutritious food
- Preserve rural livelihoods and farmland
- Stimulate local economies
- Support healthy communities
- Promote sustainability
In Indiana, the Division of Nutrition and Physical Activity is working to increase access to local farmers markets for diverse populations. We provide technical assistance to farmers markets who would like to accept SNAP, and we work with community organizations on outreach strategies to connect individuals to their local markets.
- General information for farmers markets
- SNAP Guide for farmers markets
- Farmers Market Coalition free SNAP EBT Equipment Program
- USDA National Farmers Market Directory
- Fresh Bucks Indy
Visit the Communities Food Access page for more food access resources.