Prepare Required Documents
CSHCS applications require:
- Proof of residence
- Child's birth certificate
- Health insurance information
- Proof of household income*
- Proof of Medicaid application
* CSHCS determines financial eligibility by the total gross. Income verification must be provided for everyone receiving income that is part of the household (e.g. related or not related). Include copies of all documentation used to prove income. Preferred documentation is the most recent three (3) consecutive paycheck stubs for all household members. Other acceptable documentation is an employer’s letter (on company letterhead) signed and dated, showing how much you earn and how often received. If you are self-employed and have other income that is not reflected on your paycheck stubs you must provide a copy of all household members' latest federal tax form 1040 or other documents that can verify income. Additional documentation may be requested.
**A CSHCS application must be processed 30 days from the date the application was signed and dated. The effective date of coverage will be determined based on the date the application is received by the program for processing.
- Additional Application Resources
- Other Resources
- 1-844-624-6667 (MCH) MOMS Helpline
- 1-800-889-9949 Hoosier Healthwise
- 1-844-323-4636 Indiana Family to Family
- 1-812-855-6508 IIDC Early Childhood Center
- 1-800-272-2937 Child Care Answers
- 1-800-772-1213 Social Security Income (SSI Disability)
- 1-800-545-7763 Vocational Rehabilitative Services
- 1-800-332-4433 IN*Source (Parent Information)
- 1-800-318-2596 Health Insurance Marketplace
- Transition Health Care Financing Options
- CSHCS is committed to providing resource information to those young adults 18 and older for transitional purposes. This is a list of Private and Public Insurance options that may meet your needs. CSHCS does not favor or recommend any one agency or the other. We are simply providing the information.