Language Translation
  Close Menu

Personal Care Services Agency Licensing Program

The Indiana Department of Health licenses agencies that provide (1) attendant care services; (2) homemaker services that assist with or perform household tasks, including housekeeping, shopping, laundry, meal planning and preparation, and cleaning; and (3) companion services that provide fellowship, care, and protection for a client, including transportation, letter writing, mail reading, and escort services that are provided to a client at the client's residence.

As of April 2024, the Indiana Department of Health’s division of Home & Community Based Care will no longer be accepting applications or documents that are received in person at the Indiana Department of Health building. All payments, applications, and documents will need to be submitted online (via email at PSA@Health.IN.Gov). Our program is changing and before the end of 2024 we will be going paperless. This will allow for faster processing times and for easier submissions. As we continue to work on this please check our webpage for the most up to date information. To pay online you will need your 6-digit facility number located on your license. For initial applications please email your completed application with all accompanying documents to PSA@Health.IN.Gov and you will be provided with payment instructions.

Report a Complaint to the IDOH

Report a complaint regarding a health care facility
Individuals can call or email to make complaints about care provided at any licensed or certified Indiana health care providers or suppliers.

Contact the Program

Indiana Department of Health
Division of Home and Community Based Care
2 North Meridian Street
Indianapolis, IN 46204

IDOH Main Switchboard: 317-233-1325