The Center for Deaf and Hard of Hearing Education has audiologists available for both direct services and support. We are available for consultation for parents, local audiologists, teachers and other providers/professionals.
We provide the following audiology services for children 0-3 years of age:
- Comprehensive diagnostic hearing assessment, including auditory brainstem evoked response (ABR) and otoacoustic emissions (OAE) testing for infants referring on newborn hearing screen
- Newborn hearing screening
- Behavioral hearing assessments including assessment with child’s assistive technology including hearing aid(s), cochlear implant(s) and BAHA(s) on soft band
- Hearing aid consultation/evaluation, fitting and verification for children enrolled in the Indiana First Steps CDHHE Network
- Ongoing hearing and hearing aid monitoring for children enrolled in the Indiana First Steps CDHHE Network
School-Age (age 3- high school exit) audiology services include:
- Comprehensive and educationally relevant hearing assessments including assessment of speech perception skills with child’s assistive technology (hearing aid(s), cochlear implant(s), bone anchored hearing system(s), FM/DM system)
- Hearing aid and FM system consultation and verification
- Hearing aid consultation/evaluation, fitting and verification of hearing aids for select children qualifying for the Hearing Aid Assistance Program of Indiana (HAAPI)
- Functional classroom listening assessment
Submit a referral for consultation or services from our Center staff.