The First Steps policy manual became effective on September 1, 2018. To download a copy of the manual, click here.
To become a First Steps provider or service coordinator, individuals must:
- Obtain a limited criminal history check through the Indiana State Police;
- Sign a provider or service coordinator agreement with the Division of Disability and Rehabilitative Services;
- Meet the entry level educational and licensure qualifications described in the section on entry level qualifications in the First Steps policy manual;
- Obtain a National Provider Identifier (service coordinators excluded); and
- Submit an enrollment application and any required supporting documentation as indicated.
For a map of First Steps service areas and local agency contact information, click here.
Enrollment application and personnel information form
Provider agreement | required for all service providers and assessment team members
Service coordinator agreement | required for all intake and service coordinators
Agency and independent provider agreement | required for all agencies and independent providers
Monthly supervision report | as applicable
Provider training information and credentialing forms
Policy manual frequently asked questions
EI procedure codes/CPT cross reference 2020
EI procedure codes/CPT cross reference 2020 (CSV file)
Apply for a National Provider Identifier
Indiana State Police Limited Criminal History Search
IHCP enrollment (Indiana Medicaid)
More information on IDEA Part C