DDRS Commissions & Councils
All PDFs on this page are 508 compliant.
- Board of Interpreter Services
- Commission on Rehabilitation Services
- DDRS Advisory Council
- Indiana Interagency Autism Coordinating Council
- Indiana Statewide Independent Living Council
- Interagency Coordinating Council
- Board of Interpreter Standards
- 460 IAC Rule 2: Interpreter Standards for Deaf and Hard of Hearing
- 460 IAC Rule 3: Interpreter Standards for Deaf and Hard of Hearing
All meetings are held from 1 - 4 p.m. Meeting dates will be posted when available.
The Commission on Rehabilitation Services is the federally mandated state rehabilitation council, established in Section 105 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended by Title IV of the Workforce Innovation Opportunity Act, and 34 CFR 361.16-361.17 of its implementing regulations. The commission is comprised of a group of citizens appointed by the Governor representing the disability community.
The commission works with the Bureau of Rehabilitation Services’ Vocational Rehabilitation Services on matters such as the effectiveness and customer satisfaction with the services provided to individuals participating in the VR program. The commission is also involved in matters affecting VR policies and procedures, goals and priorities, and the state plan.
- Commission by-laws
- Commission on Rehabilitation Services application
- Commission on Rehabilitation Services annual report for FFY 2020
- History and regulations
- Indiana's Commission on Rehabilitation Services flyer
- Meeting archive
Indiana Employment First Plan
Indiana Employment First Plan, adopted by the Commission on Rehabilitation Services September 11, 2020.
Requests for accommodations or inquiries about accessibility can be made by contacting the commission at VRCommission.VR@fssa.IN.gov. Request must be received at least five business days prior to the meeting date. Every effort will be made to accommodate you.
- Meeting dates:
- January 8, 2021 - from 10 a.m. - 1 p.m.
- March 12, 2021 - 10 a.m. - 1 p.m. Eastern Time
- May 14, 2021 - 10 a.m. - 1 p.m. Eastern Time
- Commission on Rehabilitation Services EXECUTIVE SESSION MEETING
Friday, May 14, 2021, 1 p.m. ET via Zoom
A Commission on Rehabilitation Services Executive Session is being held pursuant to Indiana Code § 5-14-1.5-6.1(b)(1) as authorized by federal statute 29 USC 725(f). The purpose of this meeting is to discuss a process for disability disclosure that respects members’ personal choice.
Commission on Rehabilitation Services Executive Sessions are private meetings. Attendees shall only consist of Commission Members. Guests may only attend an Executive Session when invited by the Commission Chair.
- July 9, 2021 - 10 a.m. - 1 p.m. Eastern Time
- IMPORTANT UPDATE- In an effort to be proactive and keep our stakeholders, commission members, staff and members of the public healthy, the Indiana Commission on Rehabilitation Services will conduct the July 9, 2021, meeting using a virtual platform.
- Members of the public are welcome to join the meeting virtually.
- CART services will be provided
- To listen to the meeting online log into https://us02web.zoom.us/j/83102970671?pwd=VUVIV1JCcVlDaW1lVWV3ejl6T0dxUT09
- The commission will accept public comments during the virtual meeting or comments can be emailed to VRCommission.VR@fssa.IN.gov.
- September 10, 2021 - Meeting location: TBD. 10 a.m. - 1 p.m. Eastern Time
- November 12, 2021 - Meeting location: TBD. 10 a.m. - 1 p.m. Eastern Time
Indiana Commission on Rehabilitation Services|
c/o Vocational Rehabilitation Services
402 W. Washington St., MS - 20
P.O. Box 7083
Indianapolis, IN 46207-7083
The DDRS Advisory Council was established by IC 12-9-4 to assist the Division of Disability and Rehabilitative Services in ensuring individuals with disabilities are as independent and self-sufficient as possible. Please note that the following PDF files are screen reader-ready (508-compliant).
- Council by-laws
- Council members
- Meeting dates - Meetings will be held from 10 a.m. to Noon unless otherwise noted:
- January 20, 2021
- February 17, 2021
- March 17, 2021
- April 21, 2021
- May 19, 2021
- June 16, 2021
- July 21, 2021
- August 18, 2021
- September 15, 2021
- October 20, 2021
- November 17, 2021
- December 15, 2021
- 2020 Advisory Council notices: September 2020, October 2020, November 2020
- 2020 agendas: January 2020, February 2020, March 2020, June 2020, July 2020, September 2020, October 2020
- 2020 presentations: January PowerPoint, February PowerPoint, June PowerPoint, July PowerPoint, August PowerPoint, September PowerPoint , October PowerPoint, November PowerPoint
The IIACC’s primary mission is to “facilitate the efficient and effective exchange of information on autism-related activities among the member agencies, and to leverage resources and experiences to address common issues and outcomes, and to fill identified gaps. The committee will serve as a forum and assist in increasing public understanding of the member agencies’ activities, programs, policies and research, and in bringing important matters of interest forward for discussion.” In the current work, the IIACC serves as one essential forum and mechanism for information sharing as well as data driven decision making through review, discussion and problem solving informed by the data collected through a comprehensive and systematic process directed and overseen by the teams at HANDS in Autism ®.
For more information, please visit www.indiananetwork.org.
- Annual report 2019-20
- Indiana Comprehensive State Plan for Individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorder
Questions regarding the Comprehensive State Plan for Individuals with ASD and the IIACC may be directed to the HANDS in Autism Interdisciplinary Training and Resource Center at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Interagency Coordinating Council for Infants and Toddlers with Disabilities, is the State’s federally mandated early intervention council, established in Section 641 of the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act of 2004 and in 34 CFR 303.600 et seq. of its implementing regulations. The ICC is comprised of a group of First Steps parents, providers, and other stakeholders appointed by the Governor to represent the early intervention community. First Steps is Indiana’s Part C early intervention program under Part C of IDEA. First Steps is a program of the Bureau of Child Development Services, Division of Disability and Rehabilitative Services in the Indiana Family and Social Services Administration.
The First Steps early intervention system also includes a network of local councils, known as Local Planning and Coordinating Councils, that operate similar to the ICC but on a local level. If you or someone you know is interested in participating in a local council, please contact First Steps at FirstStepsWeb@fssa.in.gov.
Until further notice all future ICC meetings will be held virtually over Zoom. Members of the public are encouraged to attend. A link will be made public prior to each meeting. Should a member of the public need access to the meeting link, special accommodations or interpretative services please contact Janet Ballard at Jaeball@indiana.edu at least two weeks prior to the scheduled meeting.
2021 meeting dates:
- January 13
- March 10
- May 12
- July 14
- September 8
- November 10
2020 meeting dates:
- March 11, 2020 - canceled
- May 13, 2020 - canceled
- July 8, 2020
- September 9, 2020
- November 4, 2020
Meeting minutes (English):
- January 13, 2021
- November 4, 2020
- September 9, 2020
- January 8, 2020
- November 13, 2019
- September 11, 2019
- July 10, 2019
Meeting minutes (Spanish):
IDEA Part C (ECTAcenter.org)
IDEA Part C (ED.gov)