Online purchasing now available for SNAP recipients in Indiana
SNAP recipients in Indiana may use their Hoosier Works EBT cards to purchase groceries online for pickup or delivery at two approved retailers – Amazon and Walmart.
To use Amazon:
- Amazon offers online ordering and delivery of groceries to SNAP recipients. Instructions on how to use this service can be found here: https://www.amazon.com/b?node=19097785011&ref_=omps_hra
To use Walmart:
- Walmart offers online ordering and delivery and pick-up options at some stores, while other stores only allow online ordering and pickup of groceries at a designated spot outside the store.
- Information on online ordering at Walmart can be found here: https://grocery.walmart.com/
- Information about delivery of groceries from Walmart can be found here: https://www.walmart.com/cp/express_delivery/3696472
- Walmart customer service can be found here: https://wmt-grocery.custhelp.com/app/ask
Delivery fees that may apply to the online purchase may not be paid with SNAP benefits.
If SNAP recipients have any problems using their card for ordering, they should call the number on the back of their Hoosier Works EBT card for customer service.
More information about this new service is available here.
TANF (Temporary Assistance for Needy Families) benefits, which are also provided via Hoosier Works EBT card, may not be used for online purchasing. Currently more than 680,000 Hoosiers receive SNAP benefits and nearly 13,000 Hoosiers receive TANF assistance.
Hoosiers may apply for SNAP or TANF at https://fssabenefits.in.gov/. They may also call 800-403-0864 for assistance.