FAQs for Waiver Services Providers
Case Management Innovation Frequently Asked Questions for Waiver Services Providers
Click here for a printable version of these FAQs.
Which case management companies were awarded contracts?
- CareStar of Indiana
- The Columbus Organization
- Connections Case Management
- Indiana Professional Management Group
- Inspire Case Management
- Unity of Indiana
What is the timeframe for individuals to transition to an awarded case management company?
Individuals and guardians must choose an awarded case management company no later than December 14, 2021. Implementation begins January 1, 2022.
How does this affect submissions of budgets or budget modification requests?
All activities related to the individual's services and service plan are tied to the individual. All typical processes and timelines remain and still exist.
How will I be notified of an individual’s CMCO change?
Providers will receive a new Notice of Action when a CMCO changes.
What is the timeline for changes in the portal?
Please watch DDRS Announcements for more information coming.
Where can I find updates?
The BDDS Portal will show changes in the individual’s CMCO and/or case manager.
Where can I find more information?
There are multiple ways you can stay up to date and receive the latest information.
- The BDDS Waiver Redesign webpage includes announcements, resources and opportunities for feedback.
- The BDDS Case Management Innovation webpage provides information specific to this case management initiative.
- Sign up for DDRS emails to have all announcements sent directly to your inbox.
- Follow the BDDS Facebook page for posts and for our FB Live every other Friday.
- Subscribe to the INvision newsletter, a quarterly newsletter for individuals and families.
Is there anything I need to do now?
No, not at this time. The provider does not need to do anything to facilitate the process.
How does this affect service plans?
If an individual changes CMCOs, the service plan will be updated and a new Notice of Action issued.
How does this affect incident reports?
The incident reporting process will remain the same and is not affected with this change.